Post on any book you are reading at any time. Discuss, converse, recommend, and reject. Tell your friends and get busy. This blog is for those inspired to deepen and further their literary adventures.
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Finished...?
I have finished the book, though I chose the pull-the-band-aid-off-slowly approach which really is more painful, and I can think of nothing more accurate to say than to reaffirm the pollyana-likeness of the book in question. Of course that's giving away nothing. It's pretty clear by about page 10. But the idea of the alchemist is pretty interesting - like a personal trainer for the soul - if completely unrealistic. (I personally think more pastors, counselors, and psychologists should just tell people to STOP.) I shall wait until more people finish, but I suspect that I will react to this book like Hunter S. Thompson might on a weeklong bender in Puerto Rico - sans gun of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment